Lake Nakuru National Park–is world famous and was created a National Park, to protect its stunning flocks of lesser and greater flamingos, which literally turn its shores pink. Its birdlife […]
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Lake Nakuru National P
Day 1: Nairobi –Masai MaraOn this day we pick you up your hotel at 06:00am, and then depart from our offices 06:30-am to Masai Mara Game Reserve via the Great Rift Valley view point. Descend the escarpment and drive to Narok-town where you will stop for a wash-room. Proceed to Masai Mara arriving in good time for lunch. Mara is famous for its black manned lions and yearly migration of wildebeests. Game viewing in the afternoon is guaranteed. The Masai Mara is Kenya’s arguably the most famous reserve. It’s smooth grass carpeted hills and plains dotted with flat topped acacia trees are full of rich faunal diversity, fulfilling the expectations of any visitor searching the African landscape for the BIG 5. Located west of the Great Rift Valley, Mara is a natural extension of the Serengeti plains in the neighboring Tanzania . The Mara River , the reserve’s backbone traverses north to south. This course is the natural barrier crossed each year by large migratory heard of wildebeest and zebra which march across the two parks in search of pasture, crossing en route, the crocodile infested Mara River . Coupled with ever watchful predatory cats in the midst, the annual migration is a risky affair and fraught with peril. Morning and evening game drives through the Marareserve gives you a chance of spotting a diverse array of wildlife including elephants, giraffe, black rhino, cheetah, gazelle, buffalo, hippo, various other herbivores and bird species. Dinner and overnight stay at Rhino tourist camp (L, D).Camping at or similar
Day 2: Masai Mara –NakuruToday have Pre- breakfast game-viewing drive ,Return to the camp for full-buffet breakfast and then depart after breakfast to Lake Nakuru NationalPark , lunch on the way to Lake Nakuru Park . Arriving late in the evening Lake Nakuru National Park-is world famous and was created a National Park, to protect its stunning flocks of lesser and greater flamingos, which literally turn its shores pink. Its birdlife is world renowned: a beacon for leading Ornithologists, scientists and wildlife film-makers. The park spans an attractive range of wooded and bush grassland around the lake offering wide ecological diversity, from lake water, woodland to the rocky escarpments and ridges.Notable game within the lake includes hippo and clawless otters. On the shores roam waterbuck, Bohor's Reedbuck and zebra. The woodlands and forest are now home to both black and white rhino. Game viewing is relatively easy: buffalo, leopard, tree climbing-lions, Rothschild's giraffe, Black and White Colobus monkey are plentiful in the forest. The bush lands offer eland, steenbok, impala, Chandler’s reedbuck and dik dik, whilst rock hyrax and klipspringer occupy the cliffs and escarpment.
Day 3: Nakuru –Naivasha-NairobiAfter breakfast, proceed for a game drive in the Rhino sanctuary which is home to a colony of about 25 white and black Rhinos. Predators are also resident in the Park. After that we leave for Lake Naivasha. The afternoon is at your leisure with the option of exploring this lake by taking a boat ride to Crescent Island for a negotiable fee (the guides at the lake will let you know about the price).. Later, we leave for Nairobi arriving late in the evening where the safari ends
- The services of our knowledgeable English speaking driver/guide
- Full board accommodation in self-contained-tents/camps + Meals on Safari (B.L.D)
- Picnic-lunches at the Mara-River on the second day as indicated
- All the Park entrance/ conservation fees
- Transport in a safari Micro-Toyota van with a pop-up-roof for wildlife viewing and photography.
- guaranteed window/and comfortable seats
- 02nights/ 3days staying in the Masai Mara / Nakuru/Naivasha
- game viewing-drives as per safari program
- bottled mineral water throughout the safari
- Return transfer to your place of staying
- Emergency flying doctors evacuation cover up to a radius of 1000-km ex-Nairobi
- All applicable taxes & government tolls
- Soft drinks, juices, alcoholic and other beverages taken with lunch/dinner
- The optional visit to tribal villages e.g. visit to a Maasai village$ 20 PP, its also negitiatable with the masaichief Ballon safari in the Mara $ 425 pp-bookable before departure.
- Tip to driver/guide
No Details Found