Ngorongoro Crater covers 102-square-mile, it’s one of the largest on earth. Millions of years ago a smoldering volcano collapsed, creating the crater and a home for […]
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Ngorongoro Crater covers 102-square-mile, it’s one of the largest on earth. Millions of years ago a smoldering volcano collapsed, creating the crater and a home for thousands of animals amidst its many types of vegetation grown and nourished over the centuries. Over 30,000 animals live here: prides of lion, elephant, leopard, cheetah and giraffe, gazelle by the thousands and multitudes of wildebeest.
Day 1: Arusha – NgorongoroOn this day we depart from Arusha for Ngororngoro which is Located 180 kilometers west of the Arusha town, Ngorongoro crater is known for its scenic beauty, a surreal environment and a variety of animals.The crater has a high concentration of game as they gather to graze on the grasslands and drink water around the permanent water points on the floor of the crater. The wildlife includes lion, elephant, wildebeest, zebra, gazelle, hyena and buffalo. All are fairly easy to spot and can be found just lying on the roads
Day 2: Ngorongoro Full DayAfter breakfast descend to the Crater with picnic Lunch. Ngorongoro Crater also serves as a sanctuary for the endangered black rhino, thanks to its steep walls, which form a natural barrier against potential poachers. The swamps on the floor of the crater are home to many hippo, which are a breathtaking site from the picnic spots. Lake Magadi is a saltpan, which attracts a large number of birds, the most spectacular being the flamingo. Â Ngorongoro Crater is the worlds largest unbroken volcanic caldera, and lays claim to being the sixth largest caldera in the world 19.2 kilometers in diameter, 610meters deep and 304 km² in area. The crater rim, where the lodges and the tented camps are, stands at 7216 feet (2200 meters) above sea level, and 610 ft above the floor of the crater. The floor of the crater, which is slightly oval in shape, is 278 square kilometers (100 square miles). The ever-changing weather patterns provide a dramatic backdrop to the scenery and wildlife.Lunch will be served at the crater
Day 3: Ngorongoro -ManyaraAfter Breakfast, we leave for Lake Manyara where we’ll arrive in time for lunch. The rest of the day will be spent game viewing. . Enjoy an evening game drive in the Lake National Park whose inhabitants include hippos, monkeys, tree climbing lions, flamingos and other varieties of birdlife. Dinner and overnight at the panaroma camp. Dinner and overnight at the Lodge or Campsite.
Day 4: Manyara -ArushaPre-breakfast game viewing. We’ll then proceed to Arusha after breakfast.Â Once we get to Arusha, you’ll have the option of either returning to Nairobi using the afternoon Shuttle or spending an extra night in Arusha at an extra cost.
• The services of our knowledgeable English speaking driver/guide
• Full board accommodation in self-contained-tents/camps + Meals on Safari (B.L.D)
• Picnic-lunches at the Mara-River on the second day as indicated
• All the Park entrance/ conservation fees
• Transport in a safari Micro-Toyota 4×4 wheel-drive with a pop-up-roof for wildlife viewing and photography.
• guaranteed window/and comfortable seats
• 02 nights/ 3 days staying in the Meru National Park
• game viewing-drives as per safari program
• bottled mineral water throughout the safari
• Emergency flying doctors evacuation cover up to a radius of 1000-km ex-Nairobi
• All applicable taxes & government tolls
• Soft drinks, juices, alcoholic and other beverages taken with lunch/dinner
• The optional visit to tribal villages e.g. visit to a Maasai village $ 20 PP, Ballon safari in the Mara $ 425 pp-bookable before departure.
• Tip to driver/guide
No Details Found