- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
No details found.
Distance: 80 km | Difficulty: Moderate | Start/Finish: Nairobi
Much more scenic than Naromoru and it is on the dry side of mountain which offers some of the finest walking. Climb up through forest into a wide ridge approach to the summit area. The route starts on the northwest side of the mountain near Nanyuki. Access is adequate and the bunk house facilities are the best on this side of the mountain
Nairobi/Sirimon/Judmaier Camp (Old Moses Camp) 3-4 hrs, 9km, 860m ascentLeave Nairobi at 7.30am to Nanyuki town for lunch, taking about 4 hours. Proceed to Sirimon Gate, 1 hr, 2440m. From the gate follow the track as it winds uphill though the forest which becomes heath land after about 3 hrs. About 3½ hours from the gate the track veers right to Judmaier Camp, 3300m for dinner and overnight, L, D
Judmier Camp/Shipton Camp 6-7hrs, 17km, 900m ascentAfter breakfast, follow the track uphill, forking left at the junction. After one hour from Old Moses Camp, the track crosses Ontulili River. Go right contouring through the Moorland and crossing Liki North and continue uphill to Mackinders Valley from where there are panoramic views up the valley towards the main peaks. Dinner and overnight at Shipton Camp, 4200m, B,L,D
Shipton CampSpend the day acclimatizing. Walk to Kami Hut down to Hauseberg Lakes (Hauseberg Tarn and Nanyuki Tarn). Walk back to Shipton for dinner and overnight.
Shiptons/Point Lenana/Mount Meru Bandas (Chogoria Gate) 11-12hrs, 32km, 785m ascentDay 4: Shiptons/Point Lenana/Mount Meru Bandas (Chogoria Gate) 11-12hrs, 32km, 785m ascent Leave at 3am up a steep stony quarry that cuts through a cliff clearing visible part towards lower Hall Tarns arriving Mount Kenya point Lenana (6km from Shipton Camp) at 6:30am, taking about 3hrs. After the sunrise, descend down to Mintos hut (6km), 2hrs, for breakfast and 20km, 4-5hrs further down to Mount Meru Bandas, 2950m, for dinner and overnight on Mount Kenya, B,L,D
Chogoria Bandas/Chogoria/NairobiDescend 2hr, 15km to forest clearance to catch a 4x4 transfer vehicle to Chogoria Village where you will connect with your transfer vehicle back to Nairobi, B,L.
Included in the price:
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek.
- Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled cook
- Start and finish Nairobi
- Treated water on the trek.
• On completion, successful climb Certificate
- Laundry, tips, sleeping bags, drinks, accommodation before the trek and climbing gears
- International flights
- Visas to Kenya
- Items of personal nature
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary
No Details Found