- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
No details found.
Distance: 75 km | Difficulty: Demanding | Start/Finish: Nairobi
This is by far the most scenic and interesting route. It takes in both tropical forests and moor land
Nairobi/ChogoriaPick up from your Nairobi Hotel at 8am and drive north to Chogoria town for lunch and afternoon leisure walk in the town to acclimatize. Dinner and overnight at Chogoria Transit Motel, 2000m, L,D.
Chogoria/Mount Meru Bandas - 4hrs, 16km walk, 950m ascentAfter breakfast, take a 4x4WD vehicle to the forest clearance, 16km from where the walk starts. You will walk for 16km through the forest along the dirt and sometimes very muddy road for 4hrs to reach Mount Meru Bandas at 2950m for lunch and afternoon walks. Dinner and overnight at Mt. Meru Bandas, B,L,D
Mount Meru Bandas - Road Head Camp, 3hrs, 9km, 350m ascentAfter breakfast follow the track through giant heather and forest up to Chogoria road head from where the path drops to cross a stream then follows the broad ridge to the east of the gorges valley to reach Road Head Camp taking approximately 3-4hrs. Overnight at Road Head Camp at 3300m.
Road Head/Mintos Hut - 4 hrs, 12kmAfter breakfast follow the track through giant heather and forest up to Chogoria road head from where the path drops to cross a stream then follows the broad ridge to the east of the gorges valley to reach Mintos Hut, 4200m. Dinner and overnight at Mintos Hut, B, L, D
Mintos/Point Lenana/Met Station - 11-12 hrs, 29km, 785m ascent/1985m descentLeave shortly after midnight at 2am towards the main peaks and divide after an hour, above a flat green area at the head of the valley known as temple fields, arriving at point Lenana at 6:30am. After taking photographs, descend to Mackinders for breakfast and continue down to Met Station at 3000m for dinner and overnight rest, B,L,D
Met Station/Naromoru/Nairobi - 3hrs, 9km, 400m descentAfter breakfast, descend through the rainforest which is 9km to Naromoru Park Gate at 2,600m where you will connect with your transport back to Nairobi, arriving at approximately 3pm, B,L
Included in the price:
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek.
- Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
- 1 night full board hotel accommodation at Chogoria Transit Hotel
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled cook
- Start and finish Nairobi
- Treated water on the trek.
- On completion, successful climb Certificate
- Tips, laundry, sleeping bags and drinks
- Accommodation before/after the trek
- climbing gears
- International flights
- Visas to Kenya
- Items of personal nature
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary
No Details Found